How to Apply for a Posted Vacancy
- Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications to be considered for the position.
- Employees of the County of Lancaster must apply for vacant positions of interest through PeopleSoft Self-Service.
- Please be certain to complete each required application question in full to avoid disqualification for hire.
- “See Resume” will not be accepted as an answer to a required field question.
- Below is a list of information needed to complete the employment application in full:
- Email Address
- Work History (Employment dates, hours worked per week, start wages, ending wages, employer name/address, Supervisor name/phone #, responsibilities
- Education (level, state where earned, major, # years completed, anticipated graduation date, name of school
- 3 professional references (no family/friends) (Name, title, employer, telephone #) (address optional)
- Relatives that work for the County of Lancaster/relationship
- Military service (Branch, dates, DD-214, discharge status)
- Details of any suspension of your driver’s license (dates, reasons, convictions, dispositions)
- Pleas of guilt, convictions for misdemeanors or felonies (dates, reasons, charges, dispositions)
- Detail of your qualifications for the position
- Optional: (cover letter, resume, licenses, certifications, transcripts)
(Business hours: Monday-Friday - 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)