Volunteers are critical, essential, and valued resources in emergency management. Those who live in a community know it best. This is why volunteerism is important on a local level. Volunteering provides an enriching experience for those who have the ability to donate their time and skills.
Where can I Volunteer?
Below are just a few of the voluntary organizations actively involved in Lancaster County Emergency Management:
- Lancaster Emergency Management Agency Duly Enrolled Volunteer (Volunteer at the Emergency Operations Center)
- Community Emergency Response Team (Volunteer in your neighborhood)
- Lancaster County Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (Volunteer throughout Lancaster County)
- Pennsylvania Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (Volunteer throughout Pennsylvania)
- Critical Incident Stress Management, CISM (Work with those who provide mental health services to first responders)
- South Central Medical Reserve Corps (If you are a credentialed medical provider interested in disaster response)
- Community Animal Response Team (If you a particularly interested in helping animals in disasters)
How can volunteering benefit me?
- Connect you to others
- Is good for your mind and body
- Learn new skills
- Try new activities
- Provides a sense of purpose and community
Links for Volunteer Information and Opportunities: