Visiting the Archives
Please Note Effective July 1, 2021: archives record fees will increase to $5.00 for 20 copies/images. Each additional image or copy requested will be .50 cents.
Archives Research Room Hours:
Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Records will not be pulled after 4:45 p.m.
If you cannot visit the archives in person please send us an email with your request: Lancaster County Archives Prepayment of all records requests is required and records can be emailed directly to you. Credit card payment can now be made over the phone: (717) 299-8319. There is a $5.00 minimum charge for over the phone credit card payments.
Research Room Policies:
We proudly preserve historical government records since the creation of Lancaster County in 1729. To preserve our records for future generations please note the following:
- All persons must register at the front desk upon entering the Archives.
- Personal items may be kept in lockers.
- Food and drink are not permitted within the archives.
- Archives staff will retrieve all historical records. Indexes are available for researcher retrieval in the research area and on the archives website.
- The Archives reserves the right not to photocopy documents that are too fragile.
- All photocopies or images are .25 cents. Records in a specialized format such as records in large docket books may be provided at a cost of $1.00 per page/image and may require additional processing time.
- Archives records will not be removed from the Archives for any reason.
- Thumb drives or any USB-related devices are not permitted on Archives public computers. Archives staff can email images of records to your email address upon request.
- Credit card payment is now accepted.
Archives staff are here for your research assistance so please ask questions.